It is amazing that just looking at the nails we can actually detect the health issues the person is going through. The brittle, yellow or ridged fingernails actually indicate the nutritional deficiencies and health problems like anemia or thyroid disease. The toenails and fingernails are made of keratin protein and are the exceptionally touchy piece in our body.
The nails are shaped based on the combination of lymph vessels, grids, veins, and nerves. The shape of your nail depends on your genetic coding, whereas some of the qualities of nails are common to all. Like our nails are translucent and reflect the pink color of blood following through the tiny veins beneath it. It is nor fragile and feel smooth
You have to aware that lack of nutrients can make your nails stained, plain ugly and hard. In order to save your nails and your body from health issues, you can just make small changes in your diet and start to take supplements to support them.
7 Regular Nail Conditions
Check out the 7 most common nail condition along with remedies to treat the conditions.
1. White Spots: The white spots on the nails due to insufficient zinc levels in the body. The natural source of zinc is pumpkin seed, peas, sesame seeds and red meat.
2. Soft Nails With Curl Upward: The soft nails with curl towards up direction are due to little iron in the body. The solution for this issue 325 mg of iron sulfate at least 3 times a day.
3. Yellow Nails: The yellow nails are the result of a deficiency of vitamin E in the body. The solution for this issue is very simple, you just have to start the supplement of vitamin E. The natural source of vitamin E consists of sweet potatoes, peanuts, hazelnuts, wheat germ oil and almonds which you can add in your daily diet.
4. Split or Brittle Nails: This condition of nails is due to lack of moisture and vitamin B in the body. To resolve this issue You can start the intake of gelatine, calcium supplements, and colloid minerals to get rid of this condition. For pregnant women biotin can be dangerous, thus one should not take this supplement without the instruction of a physician.
5. Vertical Ridges: The malnutrition or deficiency of vitamin and minerals are reflected through the vertical ridges. You can use almond oil and chamois buffer and polish your nails. Do this 2-3 times a day. Do not go for ridge fillers as it consists of synthetic chemicals in it.
6. Horizontal Dents or Ridges: The horizontal dents are actually a sign of nutritional deficiencies, high fever, psoriasis or can cause due to trauma after surgery. The supplements of protein and vitamin A are advised by Petty to cure this condition.
7. Fungus: The frequent exposure of nails to warmth and dampness leads to fungus issue in the fingernail. The greenish, yellow or messy look of nails indicates the fungal infection. You can use tea tree oil soak to get rid of the fungal infection in the nail.
At What Point You Should Be Concerned
Here are some health indication of nails which are serious and you should get a medical help for such conditions.
· Blue nail beds indicate issues in blood flow
· Fragile nails indicate hypo- or hyperthyroidism
· Upward-bending nails lead to thyroid infection
· Yellow nails represent the chronic bronchitis
· White nail beds indicate liver infection
· Red nail beds lead to coronary illness
In the above condition, you must go for a health checkup and treat the issues on the immediate basis.