We can. I can.' That is the tagline for the 2016 World Cancer Day on 4 February. Marking the 10th anniversary of the global awareness campaign, the aim this year is to prove that every single person can make a difference in the fight against cancer.
World Cancer Day is part of the World Cancer Campaign, adopted following the World Summit Against Cancer for the New Millennium. This summit took place on 4 February 2000, and subsequently the first ever World Cancer Day was pencilled in for 4 February 2006. That tradition has continued every year, and the custom does not stop in 2016.
Why advertise with us
With this year's 'We can. I can.' campaign, awareness will be raised to show the public that everyone can play a role in battling cancer. For example;
- Stop myths that lead to stigma against cancer patients
- Encourage schools to educate children on how to prevent cancer
- Demand governments increase funding for cancer treatment facilities
- Stop smoking for good
- Learn about the signs and symptoms linked to cancer
- Return back to work after cancer treatment, to give it the biggest insult of all