Health tips 2017
- About Us
- Admission Form
- Our Website
- Question papers
- Courses Offered By Us & List Of Recognized School and College Of Nursing In India
- B.Sc Nursing: Time Table & Results
- GNM & ANM: Time Table & Results
- How to get registered with Madhya Pradesh Nurses Council (MPNRC)
- Read Today's News
- Nursing Care Plan For Students
Thursday, December 31, 2015
Sunday, December 27, 2015
1. Baking Soda : Mix a tablespoon of baking soda in one glass of water. Now, dip a sponge in this solution and apply it all over the body. Baking soda is one of the best remedies to eliminate the itching and irritation, caused due to the chickenpox rashes.
2. Oatmeal : One of the safest home remedies to treat chickenpox is oatmeal. Take 2 cups of oatmeal and crush it into a fine powder. Now, put this powder in 2 litres of water and let it remain for about 15 minutes. Take a cloth bag and put this mixture into it. Place the bag in a bath tub, filled with lukewarm water and shake it properly till the water turns milky. Soak yourself in this water to get an instant relief from the itchiness due to chickenpox.
3. Calamine Lotion : Dab calamine lotion on the rashes. This will relieve you from itching, caused due to chickenpox.
4. Indian Lilac (Neem) : Indian lilac or neem has great anti-viral properties. Take some neem leaves and crush them into a paste. Apply this paste on the blisters in order to get relief from the itchiness. It will also dry out the rashes.
5. Honey : Apply honey on the affected area at least twice or thrice a day. Honey will quickly heal the blisters as well as also give relief from itchiness, caused due to chickenpox infection.
6. Marigold & Witch Hazel : Mix 2 tablespoons of marigold flowers along with a teaspoon of witch hazel in a cup of water. Leave it overnight. Apply this mixture, the next morning. This will greatly relieve from the itching, caused due to chickenpox.
7. Carrot & Coriander Soup : Take 100 grams of carrots and chop them well. Also chop 60 grams of coriander leaves and boil it with chopped carrots in water for some time. Now, strain and cool it down. Drink this soup once in a day. This will effectively heal the chickenpox.
8. Sandalwood Oil : Sandalwood oil is an excellent soothing treatment for chickenpox. Soak a cotton ball in sandalwood oil and apply it on the blisters. This will quickly heal the rashes while reducing the symptoms of chickenpox.
9. Brown Vinegar : Add ½ cup of brown vinegar to a tub, filled with warm water. Soak in it in order to get rid of irritation and aid in a quick healing of chickenpox while also reducing the scars.
10. Green Peas : Boil 200 gram of green peas in some water. After draining the water, crush it into a paste. Apply this on the chickenpox lesions and let it remain for an hour.
11. Ginger : Ginger is also effective in healing up the rashes, caused due to chickenpox. You can also add ginger to your bath water to get relief from itching.
12. Try Herbal Teas : Herbal teas are also beneficial in curing the chickenpox symptoms. You can try herbs, like chamomile, holy basil and lemon balm and take them in the form of tea. You just simply need to boil one of these herbs in water, and then, add a little bit of cinnamon powder, honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Drink this tea at least 2-3 times a day for better results.
13. Coltsfoot Leaves and Queen of the Meadow : Take 2 tablespoons of queen of the meadow, 1 teaspoon of coltsfoot leaves, and 2 teaspoon of marigold flowers. Steep these in 2 cups of boiling water for at least 20 minutes. Take one cup of this tea every day. This herbal remedy will quickly relieve you from the symptoms of chickenpox.
14. Echinacea : Echinacea is another herb, which can be tried for curing chickenpox. Other herbs, like goldenseal, burdock root, St. John’s Wort and pau d’arco bark are also useful.
15. Vitamin E Oil : Apply vitamin E oil on the chickenpox blisters in order to quickly heal them.
16. Tea Tree Oil : You can also apply tea tree oil, diluted with any carrier oil, to the chickenpox rashes. Tea tree oil is an excellent anti-bacterial, and therefore, it will help a lot in curing the infection. Lavender oil can also be applied to the rashes for a soothing effect.
17. Aloe Vera : Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the rashes to get a soothing relief from chickenpox symptoms. Aloe vera is one of the best natural medicines for healing skin infections.
18. Calendula : Apply a cream, based with calendula herb, for an effective relief from the rashes.
19. Over-the-counter Medications : Take over-the-counter medications, such as paracetamol, ibuprofen and acetaminophen for treating fever and pain, caused due to chickenpox.
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Friday, December 18, 2015
Thursday, November 26, 2015
Top Vitamins for Kidney Health
Vitamin A is known to be required by the body for soothing of the urinary tract and preventing the occurrence of infections in the body. This vitamin is known to exhibit antioxidant properties that make it very beneficial for the health.For best results, it is advisable that you consume this vitamin in the form of a liquid, as it easily digested by the body.
The recommended daily intake of vitamin A is 25000 IU. There are several good food sources of vitamin A and they include pumpkin, red peppers, spinach, asparagus, apricots, broccoli and sweet potatoes.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is considered helpful in maintaining the acidity levels of urine. This vitamin is also considered helpful in boosting immunity and preventing the occurrence of infections, including kidney infections.
You should consume around 90 mg of this vitamin every day, according to several health experts. Foods that contain vitamin C in abundance include citrus fruits, berries, asparagus, broccoli, cantaloupe, collard greens, kale and onions.
Kidney stones are known to be a common kidney problem that is associated with the crystallization of calcium oxalate. The kidneys and urinary tract attempt to eliminate these stones, which leads to severe pain. Vitamin B 6 is considered helpful in reducing your risk of suffering from kidney stones as it decreases the levels of oxalates present in the bloodstream.Foods that contain good amounts of this vitamin include meat, fish, nuts, whole grains and nuts.
The recommended daily intake of vitamin B6 is around 100 mg for adults. You could also consider using a multivitamin supplement for your convenience.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is required by your body for keeping your bones as well as teeth healthy and strong. If you do not consume enough vitamin D in your diet, the body will begin to utilize the calcium present in bones, which will lead to high levels of phosphorous in the bloodstream.
Phosphorus is also drawn out from the bones along with calcium. Increased levels of phosphorus in the bloodstream places great stress on the kidneys to filter it out, which eventually results in kidney damage.
Vitamin B1, also known as Thiamine, is considered beneficial for maintaining kidney health in the human body. This vitamin helps in preventing the occurrence of several kidney infections as well as kidney damage in diabetes patients.
Vitamin B1 deficiency is an extremely common problem that needs to be corrected, to prevent any kidney problems. Foods that are rich in vitamin B1 include nuts, Brussels sprouts, vegetables, corn, nuts and tuna. The recommended daily dosage of this vitamin is around 1.0 mg per day, for individuals older than 18 years of age
Friday, November 20, 2015
4 Supplements Every Woman Should Take
Why You Need It: Everyone knows calcium builds strong bones, but this mineral is also crucial for other functions, such as transmitting nerve signals.Women ages 19 to 50 need 1,000 milligrams per day. Figure out how much you get from food and drink, and supplement the rest.
Daily Dose: Women ages 19 to 50 need 1,000 milligrams per day. Figure out how much you get from food and drink, and supplement the rest.
Why You Need It: Not only does D help the body absorb calcium, it also might play a role in preventing colon cancer, breast cancer and diabetes.
Daily" digestion throughout the day.
3.Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Why You Need It: Low levels of these healthy fats can lead to internal inflammation, one culprit behind heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
Why You Need It: Probiotics, or good bacteria, have been shown to assuage gastrointestinal problems, like diarrhea, and even help reduce colds.
Daily Dose: One capsule with 10 billion colony-forming units (CFUs), preferably in the morning so it can aid your digestion throughout the day.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Excellent health does not imply only having a great body, eating right and exercising. It may come as a surprise, but your fingernails can be one of the key pointers to a bad health. Here are some of those things:
Our nails, when look at the can seem very different: you may notice, white spots, change in color, cracks or bumps and others. These things usually do not matter but they can be extremely essential when it comes to your fingernails’ health.Because of that only a medic may notice these changes.
If you put your hand in front of your nose and examine nail after nail you can notice the thickness or thinness of your nails, their shape, shade and surface. Try to detect any differences in them. It is very important for you to spot and acknowledge these changes because they are the most common indicator of other health problems.
The 8 most frequent alerts are:
The normal nail is usually flat and smooth and does not have visible ridges on it. These ridges may indicate various problems with your health such as:
-- Lupus ( red lines occurring at the root of your nail)
-- Iron deficiency
-- Inflammation such as arthritis
Vertical and horizontal ridges are both not to be overseen.
2. Pale Or No-Color Nails
The normal nail color is bright pink and round-shaped at the root. Shades or any other color appearance can mean different health problem, such as:
-- White nails indicate liver disease or hepatitis
-- Dark strips on top of the nails can be associated with heart problems
-- Bluish nail shade can indicate exhausted oxygen in your blood
-- Pale nails relate to lack of vitamins
-Greenish nail color usually indicates bacterial infection
-- Red lines all over the nail may be connected to heart diseases
The best way to see these changes is when you have clean nails for several days.
3. Thick Nails
This is an occurrence which can be easily noticed and it can be related to:
- Thick nails indicate some kind of lung disease
- Thick and uneven nails are related to fungal infection
- Thick and separated nails alert thyroid disease or psoriasis
- Unordinary thick nails indicate circulation problems
- Have in mind that thick nails are very obvious to notice but can also be reaction to taking allergies medication.
4. Small Nail Dents:
Even though dents can be a result of hurting your hand, in some cases that could indicate symptoms of:
- Hair loss disorder, known as Alopecia areata
- Connective tissue disorder
- Zing exhaustion (it even forms a line across the nail)
A simple injury should heal quickly by itself , in other cases do not hesitate to ask for help.
5. Curved Inward Or Spoon Shaped Nails:
This disorder results with the nail curve going upwards and the nail bed is lower and impacted. Such symptoms can mean:
- Iron deficiency
- Heard disease
- Hemachromatosis, which is a liver disorder caused by the body absorbing too much iron
- In order for the nail go retrieve its normal growing pace, a medical intervention is needed.
6.Dry And Fragile Nails:
If your nails are healthy, they tend to take care of themselves which means no additional cream od moisturizers id necessary. Otherwise, broken or dry nails can mean hormonal disorder or bacterial infection
If your nails are fragile and crack easily this could mean thyroid disease
Fungus is another problem resulting in brittle nails
If these problems are treated the nails will keep their health.
7. Watch –Glassed Nails
The clubbed nails disorder results with the nail bed being brought upward and it’is unusually round and pumped. This can indicate
- Liver disease
- Bowel inflammation
- Troubles with breathing or any kind of lung disease
- Although there are other symptoms for these diseases, nails can contribute to giving the right diagnosis.
8. Cracked Nails:
This can be a result of an injury. In any other case, this can mean:
- Vitamin C, protein or folic acid exhaustion
- Chronic malnutrition
- Whenever the nail bed cracks together with the top of the nail, it can indicate psoriasis.
Saturday, November 14, 2015
Children’s Day 2015
Children’s Day 2015 would be celebrated at Saturday, on 14th of November.
Children’s day (also known as Bal Divas) in India is celebrated every year on 14th of November to increase the awareness of people towards the rights, care and education of children. Children are the key of success and development of the country as they would lead their country in different and new technological way. They are adorable and shine same like the precious pearls. Children are the God gifts to their parents by the almighty. They are innocent, admirable, pure and loved by everyone.
14th of November (birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru) has been set to celebrate as children’s day all over the India. 14th of November is the birth date of the first Indian prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. He became the prime minister of India just after the independence of India. The Children’s Day is celebrated every year to let the people specially parents aware about the importance of celebrating this day.
Why Children’s Day is Celebrated
The birthday of Chacha Nehru, a great Indian leader, is celebrated as Children’s Day. He worked great for the well being of children as well as youngsters after the independence of India. He worked so much for the education, progress and welfare of the children of India. He was very affectionate towards children and became famous as Chacha Nehru among them. For the progress and development of the youth of India, he had established various educational institutions such as Indian Institutes of Technology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences and Indian Institutes of Management.
He made a five year plan which includes free primary education, free meals including milk to the school children in order to prevent children from malnutrition in India. The deep love and fervor of Chacha Nehru towards the children is the big reason of celebrating the Children’s Day at his birthday anniversary.
The childhood is the great moments in the life of everybody which should be necessarily given a right track to become successful in the future as an asset of the country. Without the right track they may miss living a good life. This can be done only by giving a right education, care and way to progress.
About Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was a great leader of India and led the India as a first prime minister of India just after getting the independence in 1947. He was born on 4th of November in the year 1889 to the renowned lawyer, Mr. Motilal Nehru and Swaroop Rani in the Allahabad. Because of being very brilliant he was named as Jawaharlal. He got his later education from the England and after returning to India he started helping Indians and struggle for independence of India. After independence of the India he became the first prime minister of the India. He was also a great poet; some of his famous writings are ‘Glimpses of World History’, ‘Discovery of India’ and etc.
He was really fond of children as well as roses that’s he said that children are like the buds of the garden. He said that children are the country’s actual strength as they would make developed society in future.
Children’s Day Celebration
Children’s day is celebrated every year with a lots organized programs including cultural and fun activities all over the India. Government and non government organizations, schools, NGOs, private bodies and other conducts variety of competitions as well as events for the children to let them known about their rights and make them happy and cheer. TV channels also demonstrate the interesting programs for the children on 14th of November.
Parents take part in this event very enthusiastically to make their children happy; they distribute gifts, greeting cards to their sons and daughters. They go on picnic, long drive and enjoy the day with party.
How to Celebrate Children’s Day
Children are distributed gifts and chocolates.
Varieties of competitions are organized like fancy dress, debates, speech related to the freedom fighters, country, storytelling and quizzes.
- Cultural and social programs like singing, dancing and entertaining with other musical instruments.
- Orphan children can be entertained by distributing the clothes, toys, musical instruments, stationery, books, and etc.
- Organizing some programs related to the freedom fighters.
- Organizing some game activities including puzzle, sweet and sugar treasure hunt and etc.
- Underprivileged children are entertained by organizing musical programs by famous musician and speech on health, care and progress.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
Friday, November 6, 2015
Friday, October 9, 2015
7 Natural Remedies:
1. Lemon Balm: This herb has antiviral and calming properties. It contains a chemical compound called “eugenol” that gives it antiviral properties and helps to numb the tissues and reduce the throbbing pain that cold sores can cause.
According to the University of Maryland and a large study with lemon balm that involved three German hospitals and one dermatology clinic showed that, when lemon balm was used to treat the primary infection of HSV I, not a single recurrence was noted. The cream has also been found to reduce the healing time of both genital and oral herpes.
2. Lysine: An essential fatty acid used to make protein needed to produce infection-fighting antibodies. Lysine inhibits the spread of the cold sore. You can use in topical form or as a supplement taken orally. According to studies lysine is an effective treatment against cold sores.
3. Resihi and Astragalus: Reishi is a traditional Chinese medicine and a type of mushroom used to boost the immune system and research has shown that its antivirial properties help to inhibit the spread of the herpes virus. A typical dose is 600mg once or twice a day. It effects are enhanced when used in accordance with astragalus that is also known for its immune boosting properties and healing powers. This is an effective remedy for cold sores.
4. Oil of Oregano: A wonderful healing herb known for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antimicrobial abilities. Oil of Oregano can be dabbed on cold sores twice a day or every few hours or when you feel the need. or it can be taken internally mixed with water.
5. Bee Propolis: This amazing wonder of nature has my vote of confident with its natural healing abilities. Propolis is a resinous substance produced by bees to seal their hives and keep germs out. It has strong antibacterial and antimicrobial properties is an active warrior against simplex type I virus. It can be used in capsules form, extracts, and ointments to stop the pain and heal the cold sore quickly. According to the University of Michigan Health System it can be used effectively for many conditions as well as cold sores.
6. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is antiviral and antibacterial and why it is one of the ideal remedies to treat cold sores. Treat cold sores with Tea Tree oil can dramatically reduce both the duration and discomfort of a cold sore. Apply tea tree oil to the area with a cotton swab at the first sign of a tingling or itching sensation. The oil can be used at full-strength.
7. Try Organic Raw Apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties that will kill the bacteria and even out the pH. Apply directly to the cold sore with a clean cotton swab several times a day or as needed.
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same.
Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women. About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point.
The good news is that many women can survive breast cancer if it’s found and treated early. A mammogram – the screening test for breast cancer – can help find breast cancer early when it’s easier to treat.
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a chance to raise awareness about the importance of early detection of breast cancer. Make a difference! Spread the word about mammograms and encourage communities, organizations, families, and individuals to get involved.
- How can National Breast Cancer Awareness Month make a difference?
We can use this opportunity to spread the word about steps women can take to detect breast cancer early.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Ask doctors and nurses to speak to women about the importance of getting screened for breast cancer.
- Encourage women ages 40 to 49 to talk with their doctors about when to start getting mammograms.
- Organize an event to talk with women ages 50 to 74 in your community about getting mammograms every 2 years.
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast.
Breast cancer can be diagnosed through multiple tests, including a mammogram, ultrasound, MRI and biopsy.
Once a person is determined to have a malignant tumor or the diagnosis of breast cancer, the healthcare team will determine breast cancer staging to communicate how far the disease has progressed.
Types of breast cancer include ductal carcinoma in situ, invasive ductal carcinoma, inflammatory breast cancer, and metastatic breast cancer.
There is a lot of misinformation out there. Make sure you know the facts about breast cancer
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
There are few things more irritating than an ingrown nail cutting into your foot all day. Ingrown nails occur when the nail grows into the soft tissue rather than out. The most common site is the big toe, you may have a painful and swollen red area that’s sensitive to touch and vulnerable to infection. They are caused by improperly trimmed toenails, too tight shoes and socks, or plain bad luck. You can get your nail back where it goes with these remedies for ingrown toenails:
There are many over-the-counter products for treatment of ingrown toenails, some contain natural agents and others contain chemicals, or both. The best natural options for ingrown toenails contain tea tree oil, menthol, or other essential oils.
- What you can try at home for ingrown toenails:
Fill a basin with 8 liters (2 gallons) hot water and several tablespoons epsom salt or sea salt, stir until it dissolves then soak your foot for 20 minutes, then rinse, dry, and apply clean socks. Repeat every day until the redness disappears. The hot water will soften the skin around the ingrown nail and the salt will help combat infection and reduce swelling.
Sunday, October 4, 2015
- Toothache – Just put a piece of clove on the affected area. It will alleviate pain.
- Earache – Clove oil is best used for an earache. Make sure to dilute with a carrier oil and apply to a cotton ball placed just inside the ear canal. It will help relieve pain and infection pretty fast.
- Moisturize dry skin – Clove oil for dry skin is a great natural remedy. Apply the clove oil tn your skin with a cotton swab. .
- Mosquito repellent – Clove can effectively help to ward off mosquitoes.
- Digestion aid – If you are experiencing digestive issues, chew on a couple of cloves.
- Improves blood circulation – Clove oil is great at reducing tension headaches. In order to get the blood vessels opened, apply a rag soaked in clove oils to the forehead.
- Nausea – Chew on a clove to get rid of nausea.
- Increase libido – Add a drop of clove oil to your morning coffee.
- Respiratory aid – Drinking clove tea can help with respiratory issues.
- Parasite protection – Cloves help protect against intestinal parasites.
- Insect bites – Clove oil can be used on insect bites to relieve the pain.
- Bad Breath – In Ancient China it was customary to chew on a clove before speaking to the Emperor.
- Hypertension – Chewing on cloves for at least six weeks can help reduce hypertension.
- Joint and muscle pain – Massage clove oil on a painful area.
- Athlete’s foot – Clove oil is able to kill several strains of bacteria.
Friday, October 2, 2015
Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti in India
Mahatma Gandhi's birthday (Gandhi Jayanti or Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti) is a gazetted holiday in India on October 2 each year. It marks the anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi's birth on October 2, 1869. Gandhi is remembered for his contributions towards the Indian freedom struggle.
Mahatma Gandhi, also known as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, was born on October 2, 1869, and died on January 30, 1948. He was a political and spiritual leader in India and played a key role in the Indian independence movement. Gandhi developed the novel technique of non-violent agitation, which he called "Satyagraha", loosely translated as "moral domination".
He is known for his non-violent civil disobedience in India and South Africa. These included the start of the non-cooperation movement in 1922 and the Salt Satyagraha or Salt (Dandi) March starting on March 12, 1930. Through Gandhi's efforts, India finally gained its freedom on August 15, 1947. The nation mourned for him after he was assassinated on January 30, 1948. The United Nations' (UN) International Day of Non-Violence is also held on October 2 each year to coincide with Mahatma Gandhi's birthday.
Three locations in India play important roles in the celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi's birthday. These are:
- The Martyr's Column at the Gandhi Smriti in New Dehli where Mahatma Gandhi was shot on January 30, 1948.
- The Raj Ghat on the banks of the river Yamuna in New Dehli where Mahatma Gandhi's body was cremated on January 31, 1948.
- The Triveni Sangam where the rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati come together near Allahabad.
The British controlled the production and distribution of cloth in India in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Mahatma Gandhi felt that India could never become independent until the country could produce its own cloth. He encouraged people to spin and weave cotton cloth using small scale traditional spinning wheels and looms. Hence, simple hand spinning wheels for cotton became an important symbol of the struggle for Indian independence and Mahatma Gandhi's life and work.